Pros and Cons of School Uniforms Statistics
The pros and cons of school uniforms statistics are deeply influenced by the arguments of schools and parents in favor of children wearing school uniforms and those who do not agree with the idea. Arguments that determine the pros and cons of school uniform statistics are the following;
• School uniforms costs less as compared to preferred clothing of the child.
• Students reduce the pressure of deciding what dress to wear each morning to going to school.
• Encourages a discipline.
• School uniforms improve student’s attendance.
• Children are free to concentrate on their lessons.
• Students have less time to prepare and get ready for school in the morning.
• School uniforms decreases the possibility of violence within the school premises.
• School uniforms decreases the pressure of wearing trendier brands.
Arguments Against School Uniforms
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton is perhaps the most influential advocate of wearing school uniforms. However, the pros and cons of school uniforms statistics are deeply varied among schools and parents across the Unites States. Among every debate about to wear or not to wear school uniforms, there are always two sides of the argument. People who were against school uniforms say:
• Uniforms detract the student’s individuality.
• Schools must be the place where diversity is observed.
• The cost of school uniforms is prohibitive, especially when a family has more them one school aged child.
• School uniforms are a financial burden to low income families.
• A child wearing uniform can be the target for bullying of students from different schools.
• Uniforms can decrease the child’s comfort level and attentiveness while attending lessons.
• Enforcing rules to wearing school uniforms is extremely difficult, especially to public schools.
Pros and Cons Statistics
According to current 2013 statistics, 23% of schools across the United States are forcing their students to wear a uniform. The leader of the school uniform pro-advocates, New Orleans has 95% of all public schools that require a uniform. The cost of uniforms makes up 1 billion dollars in back to school sales.
According to current statistics, anti-school uniforms are more comfortable to the idea of implementing dress codes. Dress codes can give students the opportunity to have their own identity and stay comfortable without on their attire. However, pro-uniform advocates are not contented to this idea as students can have the opportunity to violate school rules. On top of that, other students can have the freedom to wear the attire they want even if it distracts other students within the campus. In addition, students can wear attire that can lead to a bad impression to school if they are outside the school campus.
As time continuous to go on, it seems that the pros and cons of school uniforms statistics remain indistinct. The pro and anti-uniform advocates are battling which among them are right. Parents, especially moms may have varied opinions about the issue, but 95% of school teachers believe that wearing a school uniform can promote a positive learning environment to children, and can even improve behavior of students.
Need a Student Loan? Try The #1 Student Loan Comparison Site