Advantages and Disadvantages of Coal
Coal energy is a nonrenewable form of energy meaning that the coal supply is limited and cannot be replaced. Therefore, if many people continue to consume a huge quantity of this form of energy, there will come a time where the supply is depleted for good. Coal is being used for electricity production to power appliances in your home. Numerous manufacturing and industrial plants use this form of energy for generating electricity because of its affordability. In addition, coal is quite abundant even if this is a nonrenewable source of energy. Coal has one of the largest reserves of an energy source.
There are lots advantages as well as disadvantages entailed with coal energy and how it can produce electricity.
9 Advantages of Coal Energy
1. Coal energy is very affordable due to its stable price unlike any other forms of energy in the market.
2. The abundance of coal energy is in a large number.
3. It is also easy to burn.
4. Coal energy is a renewable form of energy.
5. Reliability is entailed and presented in this form of energy.
6. Aside from its reliability, coal energy is also inexpensive unlike any other sources of energy.
7. This form of energy is producing high energy upon its combustion process.
8. The power generation scale of coal is great that makes it possible for building a range of sizes of generation plants.
9. Coal is used to build power stations in different parts of the world since it is a fossil fuel as long as there are huge amounts of it.
8 Disadvantages of Coal Energy
1. Coal energy is producing tremendous amount of carbon emissions that results in climate change and global warming.
2. Coal burning is considered not environmental friendly due to the production of harmful by-products like nitrogen, carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide.
3. Coal burning can cause pollution to the environment like acid rain.
4. Coal energy is fast depleting because many people consume a large amount of it inefficiently.
5. This form of energy is not a renewable one.
6. It is also ruining the ecosystem and environment and putting many people’s lives in danger especially miners.
7. Underground mining is very hazardous because cave-ins and explosions are common.
8. Unstoppable damages could occur when mining coals.
Coal is a precious energy source that should be consumed conservatively.